Sunday, March 21, 2010

A vicious box...

‘Think out of the box’ yelled everyone.
That was the very first time I felt dark clouds all over.
But had no idea about the thunder still to come.
I tried lending my ears to each existing individual there,
melting away my brain, searching a bit space,
seeking the answers, fighting tough to win the race.

Choice was not one of the virtues,
decision was not in a mood to appear.
Though I didn’t appreciate the cries and hues,
all I had with me was a frequently directed leer.
Sounds appeared to be like nails and my ears magnet,
but my eyes became still and the world seemed to be stagnant.

Exasperation caused my natural state to collapse
and emerge as a new but altered albatross.
Fate has its own purpose bringing me in perhaps
but didn`t I deserve to have at least one toss?
To write in my book, little pieces of my own lyrics?
To spring out strong from my own ashes as the phoenix!

Still I tried to resonate with the older version,
Only time witnessed my conversion from an asset to a liability.
There was one when I aimed high and wished becoming a surgeon
but why did I change my mind and suddenly became a casualty?
I found a way out and behind me held tight all the locks.
Breathing away as I turned around,I found a yet bigger box!

No comments:

Post a Comment