Monday, September 28, 2009

When he was gone

28th Sep, 2009.

Have you ever heard about the phrase-‘hole in life’? I`d only heard about it in movies and some poems from some abnormally sentimental artists till the present day…

It was very similar like the daily routine. I was sitting in front of my desktop enjoying some random online games, simultaneously chatting with all different kinds of strange humans, receiving good wishes for the ceremony. I`m amongst the only few exceptions who were staying back even during a 10 days` break.

Suddenly my phone rang. Its screen flashed ‘Dad’.

“Hello”.
“Eldest ‘dadu’ is no more” said the voice from the other side. “I came here directly and all the rituals have been done” the words that followed meant no more to me.

In my hostel room sitting, I felt like screaming the hell out of me. I felt something missing in life. I couldn`t see it but I could feel a black spot in front of my eyes.

(1) Never fear ‘The wrong’ and ‘Death’.
(2) Never waste your tears for no reason.
(3) Always feel free to write on a piece of paper what you don`t want to share with anyone else. It will always be your best friend.

These are some of the words he`d said to me once when I was little. Without thinking any further, a thin streak of water rolled down my cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment