Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Darkness fell...

Standing dumb in the twilight I was thoughtful
Should I run towards the sun with all my push?
or wait for the darkness to cover me under its tail,
making me even dumber, absolutely helpless?

I`d been under the obtuse glory of the sun
and Knew it wasn`t one of my enemies.
Hadn`t done me any harm lately,
I`d been raised under that yellow umbrella worth prophecies.

I didn`t know what darkness was all about,
The day never did accord the opportunity.
Though I knew it wasn`t as good as the silky green grass
or the tall dense tree in the extreme north saving humanity.

The sands passed by leaving me thoughtful
and equally dumb as I was, standing.
I doubt though whether the heap of daftness had hilled,
eventually looking at the satisfied happy faces, smiling, I stopped thinking.

Laughing, dancing, singing, I passed away delightfully
the chances the day had given, worth twisting.
Meanwhile when others brought themselves safe houses,
I wondered for my own sake what all to bring.

“I – the reason for their smiles” was just a mislead
“All of them were fake and disguised” I never realized
Following their trails happened to be a wrong intuition,
But who knew it`d come that heavily priced.

The sun gradually lost its gleam, descended
My fellow passengers out rightly did rail.
And I stood alone in the middle, still smiling,
As the darkness fell.

1 comment: